How to: Make Chia Seed Pudding

3/23/2014


I recently tried chia seeds after hearing about them for some time.  I thought people just sprinkled them on yogurts or salads and that they’d be like sesame seeds, which I don’t really care for. While in Edmonton, my sister-in-law made chia seed pudding and it was totally not what I expected. Chia seeds absorb liquid and form a gel-like coating when soaked for a few hours.  They remind me of this Vietnamese dessert that has basil seeds in it. Anyhoodles, this superfood has tons of health benefits. Here are the ones that piqued my interest:
  • High in protein
  • High in calcium
  • High in fibre
  • Provides energy
All good in my books, plus this recipe is reallllly simple.

What you’ll need:

1 c. unsweetened almond/soy milk
1 c. plain/vanilla yogurt
2-3 tbsp. honey (or more, if you’d like it sweeter)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 c. chia seeds

What to do:

  1. In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the chia seeds, just until blended
  2. Slowly add in chia seeds, bit by bit, whisking the mixture in between
  3. Cover and refrigerate overnight
Be sure to stir before serving. You can serve this with berries to add even more healthy goodness. “Chia-ck” this recipe out for yourself :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments